Welcome to Andrew's Studio, the online home of Andrew Shuping, and I'm a librarian. The weird looking guy over to the left is me. On this site you can find links to the various social networking sites that I can be found on, links to projects that I'm working on, and other assorted information. Some of the projects I'm currently working on include:
- Writing reviews of comics at ComicsForge
- Reading and reviewing graphic novels over on Amazon
- Exploring and playing with new technologies
- Drawing, painting, and photography when time allows
- Keeping two mischievous cats from taking over the world
- Working at Jack Tarver Library, Mercer University, Macon, GA as the Emerging Technologies and Services/Interlibrary Loan Librarian.
- and other assorted special projects when time allows, such working with an English professor on a graphic novel class
I'm always happy to collaborate on projects just drop me a line via the contact form on this page. If you have any questions please feel free to ask
In addition to some of the current projects listed on the home page I'm also working on the following (both personal and work related)
- Learning how to and designing a custom Wordpress theme (both work and personal related)
- Learning Django to create a new version of MPOW's mobile webpage
- Learning how to use and work Plone (both work and personal related)
- Playing with other CMS's--Wordpress, Drupal, and Joomla among others (personal project)
- and reading as many graphic novels I can get my hands on...and contemplating creating my own
In 2007 and 2008 I wrote reviews of art books and graphic novels for the Moonshine art magazine, a web based publication from a local Georgia Librarian. Below are links to some of the reviews that I did for the publication.
Book Reviews for Moonshine: A Journal for the ArtsAmulet (Book 1) The Stone Keeper by Kazu Kibuishi
Little Things: A Memoir in Slices by Jeffrey Brown
Enclosure by Andy Goldsworthy
Three Shadows by Cyril Pedrosa
Since that time I've also been reviewing books on a few other sites such as Goodreads.com, LibraryThing.com, or Amazon (url specific for Amazon.) Some specific reviews of graphic novels can be found on my Tumblr blog at Sir Shuping and his reviews.